Saturday, April 17, 2010

Untitled138


>This is the first still life drawing my lecturer asked us to do in the first class, before any lessons were carried out, to see how much we know about still life drawing.
=============================================




>Line drawings, we're required to observe the form and structure of the still life we're going to draw, and at the same time, maintain a perfect proportion of each object, the distances and the thickness, based on the "form forms form" theory. You can see the objects were getting more and more complicated as the lesson continues.
=============================================




>These are the home assignments, at first we're required to draw 2 versions, which is the form study, and the value study. After that, we're asked to draw a complete value study based on what we've got in our real life, we can choose the topic ourselves, and which is why i enjoy it alot during the process.
=============================================





>We started to do shading this time, i've learnt about tonal values, light and shadows, types of shadings, and composition in each lessons, I realized my proportion is still not very good, the same for the value changes, and overall finishing. Some times i'm too rushed, and sometimes i'm too easily self satisfied, which is a very serious problem for an artist. I shall never repeat the same mistake again, thanks alot to my lecturer, Yanning and Hoean for the guide thruout the whole semester. I put out my best in the final piece, which is the exam, and i quite like the result of it, i wasnt rushing, i tried to carry out each stroke carefully and neatly, i keep the proportion right, planned a better composition, and finished it tidily. It wasnt the best compared to others, but i've tried my best by applying everything i've learnt into that final piece. I hope i didnt disappoint my lecturer, I will post the artwork here after its given back, thank you very much for viewing. Comments and critiques are always welcome!

2 comments:

老颜 said...

you are so talented

Kael said...

thank you very much sir, i will work harder, talent itself is only 5%, the other 95% is still depend on ourselves. Your work inspired me alot, hope to see more from you, sir!